Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
Your mind's ability to bring back experiences you have had is your memory. There are two kinds of remembering, recall and recognition. For instance, you may not be able to recall the poem you read yesterday in class, but if you see it again, you will know it instantly because you recognize it.
Some few people have 'total recall,' often spoken of as photographic memory. A person with total recall can recite a whole page of a book he has read only once, or playa musical composition after hearing it once. This is very unusual, however, and most people have difficulty in remembering even names they heard the day before. This is not because most people lack the ability to remember, but because they had not paid much attention to what they heard. They felt no personal reasons to remember. Having a personal reason for remembering is one of the most important factors in a good memory.
When you have a strong reason for remembering, concentrate as you read or listen, and try to connect the new information to things you I already know. A detail is easy to remember when it fits into a whole that makes sense. If you understand the entire history lesson before you try to remember any particular dates, your memory may surprise you.Câu hỏi:
While not directly stated, it may be inferred from the article that ________.
details are more easily remembered by fitting them into a whole
recall and recognition are the same thing
wanting to do a thing is very important to being able to do it
if he will try hard enough, one man can remember as well as Mother
Lời giải tham khảo:
Đáp án đúng: DHãy trả lời câu hỏi trước khi xem đáp án và lời giảiQUẢNG CÁO
Mã câu hỏi 10216
Loại bài Bài tập
Môn học Tiếng Anh
Câu hỏi này thuộc đề thi trắc nghiệm dưới đây, bấm vào Bắt đầu thi để làm toàn bài
CÂU HỎI KHÁC
- He seemed ________ a friendship to Joe.
- ________ happened, I didnt want to lose Sarahs friendship.
- He had a portrait ________ as a birthday present for his daughter.
- We ________ friends even after we grew up and left home.
- At first I found it difficult ________ on the other side of the road.
- The factory is said ________ in a fire two years ago.
- The party starts at 8 oclock so Ill ________ at 7.45.
- She wants to look ________ in her wedding reception.
- When will you have the dress made? I expect ________ by Friday.
- A selfish person is incapable ________ true friendship.
- If one is invited out to a dinner, it is perfect proper to go either with or without a gift.
- His teacher encouraged him taking part in the international pIano competition.
- Jane has not rarely missed, a party since she was fifteen years old.
- Tina is always understanding, patient, and sensitive when helping her friends to their problems.
- So far this term, the students in writing class have learned how to write thesis statements, organize their material, and summarizing their conclusion
- While not directly stated, it may be inferred from the article that ________.
- This article as a whole tells us about ________.
- A person with photographic memory is ________.
- One way to improve our memory is ________.
- Which sentence is not true?
- Thank/ invitation/ silver anniversary/ beginning/ September//
- When/ I arrive/ lecture/ already start/ professor/ write/ overhead projector//