Câu hỏi trắc nghiệm (22 câu):
Câu 1: Mã câu hỏi: 10201
Choose the word or phrase (a, b, c or d) that best fits the blank space in each sentence.
He seemed ________ a friendship to Joe.
- A. beginning
- B. being begun
- C. to be begun
- D. to have begun
Câu 2: Mã câu hỏi: 10202
________ happened, I didn't want to lose Sarah's friendship.
- A. However
Câu 3: Mã câu hỏi: 10203
He had a portrait ________ as a birthday present for his daughter.
- A. paint
- B. painting
- C. painted
- D. to be painted
Câu 4: Mã câu hỏi: 10204
We ________ friends even after we grew up and left home.
- A. became
- B. made
- C. struck up
- D. remained
Câu 5: Mã câu hỏi: 10205
At first I found it difficult ________ on the other side of the road.
- A. to get used to drive
- B. to get used to driving
- C. being used to drive
- D. in getting used to driving
Câu 6: Mã câu hỏi: 10206
The factory is said ________ in a fire two years ago.
- A. being destroyed
- B. to have been destroyed
- C. to destroy
- D. to have destroyed
Câu 7: Mã câu hỏi: 10207
The party starts at 8 o'clock so I'll ________ at 7.45.
- A. look for you
- B. bring you along
pick up up
- D. take you out
Câu 8: Mã câu hỏi: 10208
She wants to look ________ in her wedding reception.
- B. natured
- C. natural
- D. naturally
- A. nature
Câu 9: Mã câu hỏi: 10209
When will you have the dress made?' 'I expect ________ by Friday.
- A. to finish
- B. finishing
- C. to be finished
- D. being finished
Câu 10: Mã câu hỏi: 10210
A selfish person is incapable ________ true friendship.
- C. on
- D. for
- A. of
Câu 11: Mã câu hỏi: 10211
Choose the underlined word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that needs correcting.
If one is invited out to a dinner, it is perfect proper to go either with or without a gift.
- A. out
- B. perfect
- C. go
Câu 12: Mã câu hỏi: 10212
His teacher encouraged him taking part in the international pIano competition.
- A. encouraged
- B. taking
- C. the international
- D. competition
Câu 13: Mã câu hỏi: 10213
Jane has not rarely missed, a party since she was fifteen years old.
- A. not rarely
- B. party
- C. since
Câu 14: Mã câu hỏi: 10214
Tina is always understanding, patient, and sensitive when helping her friends to their problems.
- A. understanding
- B. sensitive
- C. helping
- D. to their
Câu 15: Mã câu hỏi: 10215
So far this term, the students in writing class have learned how to write thesis statements, organize their material, and summarizing their conclusion.
- A. have learned
- B. to write
- D. summarizing
Câu 16: Mã câu hỏi: 10216
Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
Your mind's ability to bring back experiences you have had is your memory. There are two kinds of remembering, recall and recognition. For instance, you may not be able to recall the poem you read yesterday in class, but if you see it again, you will know it instantly because you recognize it.
Some few people have 'total recall,' often spoken of as photographic memory. A person with total recall can recite a whole page of a book he has read only once, or playa musical composition after hearing it once. This is very unusual, however, and most people have difficulty in remembering even names they heard the day before. This is not because most people lack the ability to remember, but because they had not paid much attention to what they heard. They felt no personal reasons to remember. Having a personal reason for remembering is one of the most important factors in a good memory.
When you have a strong reason for remembering, concentrate as you read or listen, and try to connect the new information to things you I already know. A detail is easy to remember when it fits into a whole that makes sense. If you understand the entire history lesson before you try to remember any particular dates, your memory may surprise you.
While not directly stated, it may be inferred from the article that ________.
- A. details are more easily remembered by fitting them into a whole
- B. recall and recognition are the same thing
- C. wanting to do a thing is very important to being able to do it
- D. if he will try hard enough, one man can remember as well as Mother
Câu 17: Mã câu hỏi: 10217
This article as a whole tells us about ________.
- A. people who can remember whole pages
- B. people who can't remember names
- C. our memory and how to improve it
- D. recognition and recall
Câu 18: Mã câu hỏi: 10218
A person with photographic memory is ________.
- A. can only remember things if he looks at a photograph
- B. can remember every detail of what he sees or hears
- C. can be found in mental hospitals
- D. brings his camera everywhere he goes
Câu 19: Mã câu hỏi: 10219
One way to improve our memory is ________.
- A. to ask other people to repeat something you want to remember.
- B. to have a camera with you all the time
- C. to concentrate on what you hear or read
- D. to learn everything by heart
Câu 20: Mã câu hỏi: 10220
Which sentence is not true?
- A. If you can't remember things, you have no memory.
- B. Recognition and recall are the two kinds of memory.
- C. Total recall is remembering something in its entirely.
- D. A person can remember anything better if he has a strong reason for doing it.
Câu 21: Mã câu hỏi: 10221
Choose the best sentence (a, b, c, or d) made from the given cues.
Thank/ invitation/ silver anniversary/ beginning/ September//
- A. Thank you for your invitation to your silver anniversary at the beginning of September.
- B. Thanks for your invitation of the silver anniversary at the beginning of September.
- C. Thank you for your invitation to your silver anniversary in the beginning of September.
- D. Thank you for your invitation to your silver anniversary at the beginning in September.
Câu 22: Mã câu hỏi: 10222
When/ I arrive/ lecture/ already start/ professor/ write/ overhead projector//
- A. When I arrived the lecture already started and the professor wrote the overhead projector.
- B. When I arrived lecture had already started 'and professor wrote the overhead projector.
- C. When I arrived the lecture had already started and the professor was writing on the overhead projector.
- D. When I arrived the lecture had already started and the professor had writing on the overhead projector.