Câu hỏi trắc nghiệm (10 câu):
Câu 1: Choose the word that best fit each of the following sentences
Some scientists say that flying saucers might be people's______
- A. imagination
- B. imagine
- C. imaginative
- D. imaginary
- A. appearing
- B. disappearing
- C. disappear
- D. appeared
- A. effection
- B. effect
- C. effective
- D. effectively
- A. who
- B. which
- C. whom
- D. whose
- A. earthquakes
- B. typhoons
- C. volcanoes
- D. tornadoes
Câu 6: Read the following passage and choose the item (A, B, C, or D) that best answers each of the questions about it A shuttle is a vehicle that travels back and forth frequently. A space shuttle is a vehicle that travels into space and back again. It can be used again and again. On April 12, 1981, the United States launched the first space shuttle, Columbia. At 7.00 a.m., the engines were fired. The booster rockets and the Space Shuttle lifted off into the air. Two minutes later, the booster rockets and the Space Shuttle separated. Parachutes took the rockets safely down into the Pacific Ocean, where ships were waiting to pick them up. Columbia continued to climb on an orbit of 170 miles above the earth. The Space Shuttle circled the earth 36 times. During this time, the astronauts tested the equipment on the Shuttle. They also opened and closed the large cargo doors. Two days later, they fired the Shuttles engines. This slowed down the Shuttle. John Young, a top pilot, took the controls of Columbia. He entered the earth’s atmosphere and headed toward California. Then he made a perfect landing at Edwards Air Force base. Since then, Columbia has traveled into space more than seven times. The second Shuttle, Challenger, is also operating. “NASA” is building two more space Shuttles. It is planning over 60 more Shuttle flights. Some will launch Satellites through the cargo doors. Some will try to manufacture drugs and chemicals in space. One will carry a large telescope into orbit which will send pictures back to earth. It is possible that some day in the future, Space Shuttles will carry passengers to the moon.
A Space Shuttle can ___.
- A. be used seven times and carry passengers to the moon
- B. be used over sixty times and can launch Satellites from it
- C. be used again and again and can recover a large telescope
- D. be used many times and can do experiments in space
- A. firing the engines
- B. ships which were waiting
- C. large parachutes after separating
- D. taking the controls of Colombia
- A. parachutes
- B. rockets
- C. astronauts
- D. engines
Which statement is not true?
- A. In the past, before space shuttles, a spacecraft could only be used one or two times.
- B. Space Shuttles will help scientists learn more about space.
- C. The rockets separated from the space shuttle when it was in orbit.
- D. Colombia will make many more space flights.
John Young was ____
- A. an excellent pilot and he made a perfect landing
- B. a pilot at the top of the shuttle and he made a perfect landing
- C. a gentle pilot and he took the control of Colombia
- D. a top of the space shuttle and took the controls of Colombia