Bài học Language Focus Unit 6 lớp 11 - Competitions giúp các em ôn tập điểm ngữ pháp câu tường thuật với danh động từ.
Tóm tắt bài
1. Pronuciation Language Focus Unit 6 Lớp 11
Phát âm /tr/- /dr/ - /tw/
2. Grammar Language Focus Unit 6 Lớp 11
Reported Speech with Gerund (Câu tường thuật với danh động từ)
Chúng ta sử dụng danh động từ sau các động từ tường thuật
a. Suggest (đề nghị)
"Shall we go for a swim now?"
She suggested going for a swim.
b. Admit (chấp nhận)
"I know I am wrong."
He admitted being wrong.
c. Insist on (cố nài nỉ)
"I really need a break after lunch."
The boy insisted on having a break after lunch.
d. Apologise for (xin lỗi về...)
"Sorry I've hurt you."
She apologized for having hurt him.
e. Accuse sb of (buộc tội ai về...)
"You're stolen my bicycle."
The boy accused his friend of having broken his bicycle.
f. Dream of (mơ về)
"I desperately want to become a doctor."
He dreamt of becoming a doctor.
g. Prevent sb from (ngăn không cho ai làm gì)
"I won't allow you to get in touch with him."
Her father prevented her from getting in touch with him.
h. Deny (chối)
"I didn't say that."
She denied saying that.
i. Thank sb for (cảm ơn ai về điều gì)
"It's really nice of you to visit me."
She thanked me for visiting her.
j. Think of (nghĩ về)
"I like the car. I will buy it."
The woman thought of buying the car.
k. Look forward to (trông ngóng)
"I feel like going to America soon."
The woman looked forward to going to America soon.
3. Exercise Language Focus Unit 6 Lớp 11
3.1. Unit 6 Language Focus Exercise 1
Change direct speech into reported speech. Begin each of the sentences in the way shown. (Chuyển câu trực tiếp sang câu gián tiếp. Bắt đầu mỗi câu theo cách đã cho.)
1. "I hear you passed your exams. Congratulations!" John said to us.
2. "I'm sorry I didn't phone you earlier," Mary said.
3. "I'll drive you to the station. I insist," Peter said to Linda.
4. "You didn't pay attention to what I said," the teacher said to the boy.
5. "I've always wanted to be rich," Bob said.
6. "Don't stay at the hotel near the airport," I said to Ann.
7. "Stay here! I can't let you go out tonight," her mother said to Jane.
8. "It was nice of you to visit me. Thank you," Miss White said to Jack.
Guide to answer
1. John congratulated US on passing our exams.
2. Mary apologised for not phoning me earlier.
3. Peter insisted on driving Linda to the station.
4. The teacher accused the boy of not paying attention to what he had said.
5. Bob has always dreamed of being rich.
6. I warned Ann against staying at the hotel near the airport.
7. Her mother prevented Jane from going out that night.
8. Miss White thanked Jack for visiting her.
3.2. Unit 6 Language Focus Exercise 2
Guide to answer
1. Tom insisted on paying for the meal.
2. Mr. and Mrs. Smith looked forward to meeting their children soon.
3. The boy denied breaking the window of the woman's house.
4. The policeman stopped the customer (from) leaving the shop.
5. The thief admitted stealing Mrs. Brown's car.
6. Ann suggested having a party the next Saturday.
7. John and his wife were thinking of buying the house.
Bài tập minh họa
Complete the sentences to report what was said, using a to-infinitive or an- ing form of a verb.
1. 'You'd better look for a new job, Andrew.'
2. 'It was nice of you to invite me to your birthday party. Thanks very much.'
3. 'I must have made a mistake in the calculations."
4. 'I'll pay for the meal.'
5. 'Perhaps we can go to Paris for the weekend.'
6. 'I can get you there in good time.'
7. 'I'm sorry I couldn't come to visit you last summer.'
8. 'We'll organize the Christmas party.'
9. 'I hear you won the championship. Congratulations!'
10. 'I wish I'd asked for his name and address.'
1. Jane advised Andrew to look for a new job.
2. Mike thanked me/ us for inviting him to myI our birthday party.
3. Mr Forest admitted making/ having made a mistake in the calculations.
4. Sarah insisted on paying for the meal.
5. Neil suggested going to Paris for the weekend.
6. Jim guaranteed to get me/ us there in good time.
7. Kate apologized (to me/ tis) for not coming to visit me/ us last summer.
8. They promised to organize the Christmas party.
9. Dane congratulated me on winning the championship.
10. I regretted not asking/ having asked for his name and address.
Bài tập trắc nghiệm Language Focus Unit 6 Lớp 11
Trên đây là bài học Language Focus Unit 6 tiếng Anh lớp 11, để củng cố nội dung bài học ngữ pháp mời các em tham gia thực hành Trắc nghiệm Unit 6 lớp 11 Language Focus.
Câu 1: Choose the word or-phrase - a, b, c, or d - that best completes the sentence.
My teachers always encourage _______ hard at school.
- A. to work
- B. us to work
- C. working
- D. that we work
- A. his colleagues not being
- B. his colleagues for not being
- C. his colleagues not to be
- D. to his colleagues for not being
- A. will take
- B. take
- C. would take
- D. took
Câu 2 - Câu 8: Xem trắc nghiệm để thi online.
Trong quá trình học bài và làm bài tập có điều gì thắc mắc các em có thể đặt câu hỏi trong mục Hỏi đáp để được sự hỗ trợ từ cộng đồng HỌC247. Chúc các em học tốt!
-- Mod Tiếng Anh 11 HỌC247