Lời giải tham khảo:
Đáp án đúng: C
Đáp án: C
Make use of : tận dụng
Dịch: Tuy nhiên, 1 nhà khoa học người Anh – Michael Faraday, đã không tận dụng toán học.Hãy trả lời câu hỏi trước khi xem đáp án và lời giải
Câu hỏi này thuộc đề thi trắc nghiệm dưới đây, bấm vào Bắt đầu thi để làm toàn bài
CÂU HỎI KHÁC
- During the last 400 years, most scientists have (1) ________ on mathematics in their development of their inventions or discoveries.
- However, one great British scientist, Michael Faraday, did not make (2)__________of mathematics.
- Faraday, the son of a poor blacksmith, was born in London in 1791 and had no (3) _________ beyond reading and writing.
- Later, Faraday became a greater scientist than Davy, making the last years of Davy's life embittered (4) __________ jealousy.
- Faraday made the first (5)__________ motor in 1821, a device that used electricity to produce movement.
- A surprising number of popular spectator sports, for example football or baseball, (6)______ in Europe or the USA in the nineteenth century.
- It was the (7) ______ of changes in the way people lived in those places at that time. Until then, more people lived In the country than in towns.
- All this changed with the growth of factories and industry in the nineteenth century, first in Europe and (8) ______. In the USA.
- Suitable games developed or were invented, typically team games, in which the crowd could (9) ______ sides and become involved.
- The recent explosion in TV, with the introduction of satellite and cable channels, has caused an increase in (10) ______ for sports as entertainment.