Danh sách hỏi đáp (5 câu):
Viết về cuộc thi mà em đã từng xemTheo dõi (0)Gửi câu trả lời Hủy
Complete the sentences by changing the quoted speech to reported speech.
1. Eva asked, "Could you help me, John?"
Eva asked John ............................. her.
2. Charles said, "When will the final decision be made?"
Charles wanted to know...............................
3. Frank asked Elizabeth, "Where have you been all afternoon?"
Frank asked Elizabeth ................... all afternoon.
4. Bill just said, "What is Kim's native language?"
Bill wants to know ......................................
5. Yesterday Ron said to Bob, "What's the problem?"
Ron asked Bob ................................
6. I asked myself, "Am I doing the right thing?"
I wondered ................................ the right thing.Theo dõi (0)Gửi câu trả lời Hủy
Đọc đoạn văn sau và trả lời các câu hỏi:May 7, 1840, was the birthday of one of the most famous Russian composers of the nineteenth century Peter Illich Tchaikovsky.
03/01/2019 | 3 Trả lời
Đọc đoạn văn sau và trả lời các câu hỏi:May 7, 1840, was the birthday of one of the most famous Russian composers of the nineteenth century Peter Illich Tchaikovsky. The son of a mining inspector, Tchaikovsky studied music as a child and later studied composition at the St. Petersburg Conservatory. His greatest 5 period of productivity occurred between 1876 and 1890, during which time he enjoyed the patronage of Madame von Meck, a woman he never met, who gave him a living stipend of about $1,000.00 a year. Madame von Meck later terminated her friendship with Tchaikovsky, as well as his living allowance, when she, herself, was facing financial 10 difficulties. It was during the time of Madame von Meck's patronage, however, that Tchaikovsky created the music for which he is most famous, including the music for the ballets of Swan Lake and The Sleeping Beauty. Tchaikovsky's music, well known for its rich melodic and sometimes melancholy passages, was one of the first that brought 15 serious dramatic music to dance. Before this, little attention had been given to the music behind the dance. Tchaikovsky died on November 6, 1893, ostensibly of cholera, though there are now some scholars who argue that he committed suicide.
1. With what topic is the passage primarily concerned?
(A) the life and music of Tchaikovsky
(B) development of Tchaikovsky's music for ballets
(C) Tchaikovsky's relationship with Madame Von Meck
(D) the cause of Tchaikovsky's death
2. Tchaikovsky's father was most probably
(A) a musician
(B) a supervisor
(C) a composer
(D) a soldier
3. Which of the following is closest in meaning to the word "productivity" in line 5?
4. In line 6, the phrase "enjoyed the patronage of" probably means
(A) liked the company of
(B) was mentally attached to
(C) solicited the advice of
(D) was financially dependent upon
5. Which of the following could best replace the word "terminated" in line 8?
6. According to the passage, all of the following describe Madame von Meck EXCEPT:
(A) She had economic troubles.
(B) She was generous.
(C) She was never introduced to Tchaikovsky.
(D) She enjoyed Tchaikovsky's music.
7. Where in the passage does the author mention Tchaikovsky's influence on dance?
(A) May 7 . . . St. Petersburg Conservatory.
(B) Madam von Meck later terminated . . . finacial difficulties.
(C) It was during . . . The sleeping Beauty.
(D) Tchaikovsky's music . . . Committed suicide.
8. According to the passage, for what is Tchaikovsky's music most well known?
(A) its repetitive and monotonous tones
(B) the ballet-like quality of the music
(C) the richness and melodic drama of the music
(D) its lively, capricious melodies
9. According to the passage, "Swan Lake" and "The Sleeping Beauty" are
10. Which of the following is NOT mentioned in the passage?
(A) Tchaikovsky's influence on ballet music
(B) Tchaikovsky's unhappiness leading to suicide
(C) the patronage of Madame von Meck
(D) Tchaikovsky's productivity in composing
11. Which of the following is closest in meaning to the word "behind" as used in line 16?
(B) in back of
(C) going beyond
12. In line 17, the word "ostensibly" could be best replaced by
(D) apparentlyTheo dõi (0)Gửi câu trả lời Hủy
REDUCE RELATIVE CLAUSES INTO RELTIVE PHRASES
1 be sure follow the instructions that are given at the top of the page.
2 studnets who arrive late will not be permitted to enter the classroom.
3 john, who was taken by surprie, hardly knew what to say.
4 the people who are watting for the bus in the rain are getting wet.
5 we drove along the road that was still flooded after the heavy rain.
6 the scientists who are researching the causes of cancer are making progress.
7 the wild ox which í kept at Nam Cat Tien National park is of a special kind .
8 the helicopter which was flying toward the lake made a low droning sound.Theo dõi (0)Gửi câu trả lời Hủy
Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the CLOSEST word in meaning to the underlined word in the following sentence.
22/08/2018 | 2 Trả lời
Chọn từ gần nghĩa với những từ in đậm
1. The handicapped are in need of help from the community.
A. disabled B. wicked C. sacred D. beloved
2. The competition was aimed to stimulate the learning spirit among students .
A. announce B. encourage C. represent D. enjoy
3. All students can take part in the annual English-speaking Competition.
A. happening once a year B. happening once a term
C. happening once a month D. happening once every six monthsTheo dõi (0)Gửi câu trả lời Hủy