Câu hỏi trắc nghiệm (9 câu):
Câu 1: Mã câu hỏi: 10044
Choose the answer -a, b, c, or d- that is nearest in meaning to the sentence printed before.
The plane had scarcely taken off when it crashed.
- A. The plane took off and soon afterwards it crashed.
- B. The plane hardly crashed after it took off.
- C. When the plane was taking off, it crashed.
- D. When the plane crashed, it hadn't taken off yet.
Câu 2: Mã câu hỏi: 10045
Never has any one spoken to me like that!
- A. I never speak that way.
- B. Some people always speak to me that way.
- C. Everyone speaks to me that way.
- D. No one speaks to me that way.
Câu 3: Mã câu hỏi: 10046
It's a long time since I saw a movie.
- A. I spent a long time looking for a movie to see.
- B. I have seen some movies so far.
- C. I haven't seen movie for a long time.
- D. I saw a movie that took very long time.
Câu 4: Mã câu hỏi: 10047
He now goes to work on his bicycle instead of by car.
- A. He still goes to work by car but more often on his bicycle.
- B. He has stopped driving to work and goes by bicycle.
- C. He has never gone to work in his car but always on his bicycle.
- D. Since he bought the car, he has never used the bicycle to go to work.
Câu 5: Mã câu hỏi: 10048
I find myself at a loss to understand Harold's behavior.
- A. I lost contact with Harold, so I couldn't understand him well.
- B. I have to lose a lot to understand Harold's behavior.
- C. I completely understand Harold's behavior.
- D. I find Harold's behavior quite incomprehensible.
Câu 6: Mã câu hỏi: 10049
Choose one option that best fits each of the following sentences.
The cyclist ________ he crossed the main street.
- A. looked with caution after
- B. had looked cautiously before
- C. was looked cautious when
- D. has looked cautiously while
Câu 7: Mã câu hỏi: 10050
Nowhere in the northern section of the United States ________ for growing citrus crops.
- A. the climate is suitable
- B. where the climate is suitable
- C. is the climate suitable
- D. is there suitability of the climate
Câu 8: Mã câu hỏi: 10051
________ is a belief generally held by people who live in colder climates.
- A. That weather affects a person's mood
- B. Weather affects a person's mood
- C. A person’s mood is affected by weather
- D. Although a person's mood is, affected by weather
Câu 9: Mã câu hỏi: 10052
________ he began to make friends more easily.
- A. Having entered his new school, it was found that
- B. After entering the new school
- C. When he had been entering the new school
- D. Upon entering into the new school